DIY or Die is a movie by Director: Michael W. Dean that I think everyone should watch. It examine the art of do-it-yourself. Containing interviews with Ian MacKaye (Fugazi), J Mascis (Dinosaur jr.), Jim Rose (Jim Rose Sideshow), J.G.Thirlwell (Foetus), Mike Watt (Minutemen), just to mention a few, you can watch the whole movie here via Youtube. Here is the official site for the movie
First off, let us watch this interview with sound engineer (don't call me producer!) Steve Albini. (via Ricecooker)
2. Kedai online Sireh Dan Cengkeh sudah siap tetapi masih belum masuk barang-barang. Insyallah sedia untuk beroperasi dalam masa seminggu dua. Siapa yang ada barang menarik, terutama barang-barang seni dan kraf, hubungi kami kerana kami berminat nak jadi wholeseller.
3. Nak lebih exposure untuk website anda? Ada lebih 170 website yang 'showcase' design menarik dari seluruh dunia.
4. Read this interesting interview with our Law Minister, Nazri Aziz. Learn what he had to say about blogger and what other bloggers think of him.
I don’t (read blogs). I don’t waste my time. The few pieces that people print for me are just rubbish.[...]
Our bloggers are really not up to standard. When they put up something, it’s not something that they want to discuss in a very intellectual way. It’s more because of their anger - the language they use. Why should I read all this rubbish? When the standard of our bloggers is upgraded, then probably I will look at what is written. But anyway, they are a minority. My concern is for the majority.
Today, TechCrunch has a full-time staff of eight. This year, it hired a CEO. In August, 1.25 million people visited TechCrunch or its affiliated blogs at least once, according to comScore Inc. It brings in $240,000 per month in advertising, according to Arrington, and pulls in additional revenue from conferences and parties. Most important of all, TechCrunch is in the black.
2. For more news about Burma uprinsing, visit here, here and here.
3. Tahniah Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, the multiple records breaker. He is the first Muslim, Malaysian, Malay to Solat, fast and celebrate Raya in space.
Projek paling awal Sireh & Cengkeh. Ilustrasi emo kanak-kanak perempuan hisap jari didalam pelukan ibu. Di dalam pula terdapa kata-kata hikmah oleh Ika Vantiani dan gambar keluarga Syed Abdullah. N o l s t a l g i a. Selamat Hari Raya kepada semua dari kami sekeluarga. Semoga diberkati dan pada geng2 kat JB, insyaallah, ada rezeki kita jumpa!
One such example is Lilian, the blogger behind popular blog 5xmom. Click here and you can see her September income that is very impressive I might add. She also list-out some tips on how to make money by blogging;
1) Good contents which give me good page rankings - High organic traffic
2) Hard work and discipline - Setting targets and pushing self even when feel sick of the work
3) High standard - I need to maintain good quality posts or else I can risk getting banned by advertisers
Another blog, My Organic Income is another success story and managed to accumulate $3969(I assume it's USD) in the month of September.
It is very encouraging to see that a local blogger, such as Lilina can earns as much as USD5,010 a month. Now, who says blogging is a waste of time?
Okay, so aku masih ada stock yang tahap rare barang-barang sireh & cengkeh macam zine & buku poem (2nd edition printing!). Sesiapa yang submit laman web dia kat web sireh & Cengkeh akan dapat benda-benda ni percuma. A'a. Percuma. Nak aku ulang lagi? Hadiah ni random, so tenguk la nasib korang.
2. Great photos of the demonstration in Myanmar on Flickr.
3. Inspirational lecture by Randy Pausch entitle "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams." He is a professor at Carnegie Mellon University that was diagnosed with a terminally ill with only months to live. It was his last lecture at the university and was really inspiring. Everyone should watch it.
4. Sejak kejadian handphone hilang, banyak nombor telefon kawan-kawan turut hilang. Pada kawan-kawan yang baca blog ni, send la business card korang. kalau tak dapat sms raya dari aku jangan kecik hati. Nombor takda.